Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September -4.13 / Q3

September has historically been a negative period in the markets and this year was not an exception.  Like the major indexes I was also down.  -4.13%  so it was not an especially a fun month. 





I got off to a decent start then fought through a short drawdown to go positive and then got hit by extended losses. 



I eventually caught the Russell but finished quite a bit behind the the Nasdaq and the S&P.Through out the month  we were constantly hearing of divergences.  The indexes which are dominated by just a few stocks did well but the majority of stocks kept selling off.  It was a down month overall for the markets.










Assessment

I had a few big winners but  the problem was that my average loss size increased.  I became a little loose in my discipline.  The EJ trade I convinced myself I was right due to the fundamental valuations turned out to be a disaster.  Despite cutting the size, the trade wound up costing me 3R.  My worst of the year and a clear violation of my risk parameters.



No comments:

Post a Comment