Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 +47.42% / December +1.86

After a volatile December that I managed to eke out a 1.86% gain.

My year is complete and I end the year up 47%. 


Still, this is somewhat unsatisfactory as I end the year still not recovered from my drawdown from November. It also did not help that I got caught on the wrong side of early December's pull back. This prevented me from catching my highs despite a strong last two weeks. 


So how did I do it?

A lot of hard work and grinding out small trades--Over 250 and keeping losses low. I had a 56% win rate and an average win/loss ratio of 1.03/1.  Still that is somewhat skewed by outliers on both sides.

Where do I go from here?

I'm reevaluating a few set ups.  I'm looking at reducing the number of trades I take by looking to capture bigger moves.  This will require stronger stocks, avoiding noise, looser stops and smaller positions.  

My most profitable trade was the 20 point 50% move I caught in HCLP at the beginning of this year.   A few trades like contribute more to my bottom line than the 200+ momo burst setups.



No comments:

Post a Comment