Monday, June 2, 2014

YTD Progress Report Through May 2014.

May is now in the books, and what a May it was.  Best month of the year bringing YTD return up to 24.64%



I've had a nice steady equity curve as well:


I'm very pleased that I'm beating the indexes quite well 5 months into this year.


And have done so every month.


My Sharpe Ratio and Sortino Ratio have ticked up this month as well. 


What worked:
The months biggest winner was HCLP, which had over a 10 point run.  I continue to hold HCLP:

On the short side, GNRC was the biggest winner:

GNRC would have been even better but I prematurely closed it out for reasons I questioned at the time.  My summary of that trade.

What did not work:
I had a few small losses, which more than compensated by many smaller to medium wins.

The only large loss I had was ACI.  I sold after $4.00 broke and thank God I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment